“Google Terminal – What Google would have looked like in the 1980s”
(c) 2012 mass:werk – media environments, N. Landsteiner, <www.masswerk.at>
A working service after a video by Squirrel-Monkey.com: “If Google were invented in the 80s”.
Google™ is a registered trademark of Google Inc., Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
The artistic layout is the intellectual property of Squirrel-Monkey.com.
Neither this page nor the author of this page is in any affiliation with Google Inc. The page accesses search and news services by Google™ in order to provide realistic results in an artistic layout by SquirrelMonkey.com. The last item of any search results always provides a direct link to the corresponding Google™-search as provided by <www.google.com>.
This service connects directly to google.com without any intermediate service point or gateway. No search data is transmitted to or from this website
• Page back and forth in results using the cursor/arrow keys.
• Return to the home screen and start a new search by hitting the "0"(zero) key .
• Hit "ESC" to start a new search regardless of the application's current state.
Additional Features: URL Parameters & Special Queries:
q=query ... search term
u=username ... login as a specified user
kbd=1 ... force to show a virtual keyboard
display=color ... set the display to color mode (default)
display=green ... set the display to monochrome green
display=amber ... set the display to monochrome amber
crt=1 or scanlines=1 ... show scan lines
E.g., the following URL will give SpiderMan a search for "elgoog":
• “Google Images Terminal – What Google Images would have looked like in the 80s” –
• Don't miss the “prequel”: “Google60 – Search Mad Men Style” – <www.masswerk.at/google60>
• Gamified: “Google-Asteroids – Arcade Style Search” – <www.masswerk.at/googleAsteroids>
• Archived: “Bing Terminal – What Bing would have looked like in the 80s” – <www.masswerk.at/bingBBS>